Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Give Customers What They Want!

I am a business owner, you are a boat owner. I also own a boat. You may also own a business. Even if you don't we all have one thing in common, more or less. We want a good product at a great price. I however want one more thing...piece of mind that if something doesn't work someone will help me out. I want to be able to call and talk to an actual person with knowledge about the product I bought from them. I want to speak with someone who treats me as if I am their only customer. I've taken the things I demand as a customer and put them in place as a business owner. I run my business the way I want to be treated as a customer. Wouldn't it be nice if all businesses ran that way? Northstar Products IS run that way. I demand it. I treat all of our customers the way I want to be treated. Kind of like the golden rule I suppose. We ensure that the products you buy from us are going to perform the way you expect them to. At Northstar we service our customers before, during, and after the sale. Here is an example that just happened: Customer A bought a bimini top from us - 8x10 bimini top and frame made in sunbrella fabric. When customer A gets his bimini top he realizes the rails on his pontoon boat drop down 6" in the back where the rear braces are supposed to attach. Now it looks like his bimini top is flying up in the air because the rear braces aren't long enough to accomodate the 6"drop in the back. Customer A realizes his oversight and calls Northstar to find out how much a new pair of rear braces - 6" longer - will cost. Guess how much he was charged? 0.00. Nothing, Not a thing. Free. We even shipped the new pair out at no charge. Why? Because he will be so happy with the level of service he received AFTER the sale he is more likely to tell all of his friends and anyone he over hears talking about getting a new bimini top about us. Now chances are he would anyway because of the quality built in to everything we do and how nice it looks. But now he may even seek people out to tell them about the service he received. And what did it cost me? about 15.00 for the parts and shipping cost. I may get 5 new sales because of it. Not a bad return on investment if you ask me. Here at Northstar we do that sort of thing all the time. We know the benefits of treating our customers right. We stand behind our work and will make sure it gets on your boat the way it was intended. I guarantee it!

No comments:

Post a Comment